Saturday, March 23, 2013

Owl Hats and Mini Purse!







So I was browsing the internet looking for a great new hat to make and saw an owl hat. It looked fairly easy so I decided to give it a try. It quickly became one of my most popular hats. This great hat was made from a free pattern, yes you heard me right FREE. The sleeping owl hats are made from the same pattern with a few changes. For the hat itself I simply omitted the ear flaps. The eyes were made with the same pattern but I used all soft white yarn then used black yarn and a darning needle to sew the eye lashes on.

Here is the link for the owl hat pattern:



After making several owl hats I decided I wanted to try and make a mini purse to match and again searched the internet for a free pattern. I found one that was easy to follow, but I did change a few things so it would match the hats. I will list the changes below the link.

Here is the link for the purse pattern:


So the main change is when I changed colors. Instead of waiting til round 11 to change colors I did it at the beginning of round 7. I then followed the rest of the pattern and added an extra round of single crochet at the end. So I ended with 2 rounds of single crochets instead of one. For the flower I used the following pattern, but just did the first row of petals.



  If you would like to purchase an owl hat or purse they are for sale on Crochet By Rita's facebook page. You will find the link on the upper left hand side of this page.


I hope that you enjoy these patterns as much as I have. The sites that I have linked have several other free patterns on their sites including a sock monkey hat that I will be posting about in the near future. I look forward to seeing your own owl hats and purses. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them below.


No comments:

Post a Comment